Thursday 9 March 2017

What Will You Stamp WWYS #106

I had lots of fun putting this card together.  I just received my most recent Stampin' Up order and although I already had the Delicate Details stamp set, I hadn't had a chance to use it.  In my most recent order I received not only the Layering Squares Framilts but also the Stitched Framlits.  I also ordered the Botanical Builders Framilts and the Butterfly Punch.  I felt like I needed to use all these new tools in this challenge.



The card I created to me is abstract and artistic and I hope you love it as much as I loved making it.




Card Measurements and Supplies:

card base: Whisper White #100730, cut at 5 1/2" by 4 1/4" scored at 4 1/4"
layer: Whisper White, cut at 5 1/4" x 4"
Velum #101856
Whisper White, scrap for flower centre
Wisteria Wonder, scrap for large square #122922
Sweet Sugarplum, scrap for small square #141418
Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper - Sale-a-Bration #143831

Ink: Blushing Bride Classic Ink Pad #131172
Smokey Slate Classic Ink Pad #131179

Framlit Set: Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies #145372
Layering Squares Framelits Dies #141708
Botanical Builder Framelits Dies #140625
Punch: Bitty Butterfly Punch #129406

SNAIL Adhesive #104332
Tombo Glue #110755
Stampin' Dimensionals # 104430
Rhinestone Basic Jewels #119246
Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Ribbon (from Holiday 2016 catalog) - substitute with Sweet Sugarplum 3/8" Ruched Ribbon #141428
Silver Metallic Thread #138402
Paper Snips #103579

To assemble, stamp the doilie image in Smokey Slate onto a scrap of Whisper White paper and fussy cut it with paper snips.  Stamp the delicate swirls image in Blushing Bride onto a scrap of Whisper White and fussy cut it.  Next, with your scrap of Wisteria Wonder, run the square Stiched Shape Framelit Die through the Big Shot followed by a coordinating smaller Layering Squre Framelit Die to cut out a frame in the size that best fits your card front and design.  Then do the same with the scrap of Sweet Sugarplum using appropriately sized Layering Squares Framelit Dies.  Using the Velum paper, run the largest, most detailed flower from the Botanical Builder Framelits, the largest of the four petal flowers and the fern-like leaf die from the same set through the Big Shot.  In addition, you will need two flower centres cut out using two of the three flower centre dies (pick the ones you love the best).  Cut one out of Whisper White cardstock and the other using Sweet Sugarplum.  Punch two butterflies using the Bitty Butterfly Punch using the Sweet Sugarplum Glimmer Paper.

Using Stampin' Dimensionals, adhere the two frames to the card front.  Next, layer the fussy cut doilie images from the Delicate Details stamp set and secure to the card front using Tombo Liquid Glue. Weave the ends through the frames.  Secure the ribbon using Tombo.  Run a small strip of SNAIL over the location where you intend to adhere the largest Botanical Builders flower and using Silver Metallic Thread, spool some into the tape to create a whimsial feel to the thread.  Now, adhere the flower over the SNAIL and thread to secure.  Next, using Tombo, adhere the flower centre and decorate with a large rhinestone.  Adhere the four petal flower in the centre of the Sweet Sugarplum frame, then adhere the centre and decorate with a medium-size rhinestone.  Finally, adhere the butterflies to the cardfront.

With dimensionals, adhere the decorated card front to the card base.

I hope you love this card as much as I do and you find it just as fun to make.  Please feel free to leave a comment and subscribe to my blog.

natalia

4 comments:

  1. All of the new items wok well together. Nice work, Natalia! Your design is very innovative and appealing. Thanks for joining in this week's challenge at What Will You Stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny, thank you for your feedback. This was a fun challenged and I felt my project turned out very artsy fartsy. I look forward to playing along again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to use this set, love the abstract design! your card looks amazing. Great to have you playing along with us at WWYS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sue. I had lots of fun with this challenge. Very out of the box for me. Looking forward to playing along again.

    ReplyDelete