Sunday 19 March 2017

Global Design Project 078 | Sketch Challenge

This week's Global Design Project Challenge is a sketch challenge.  With all the new products I received last week I was excited to jump in and give this challenge a try.  This is what we were working from:

 When I saw the circle image I immediately thought wreath and because I just received the Circle of Spring stamp set and we have been experiencing some warm weather I thought it was perfect for this card.  The hearts in the background made me think of the new Falling Petals Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.   I love the outcome and would love to know what you think...


Card Measurements and Supplies:

card base: Blushing Bride #131198, cut at 8 1/2" by 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
layer: Whisper White, cut at 5 1/4" x 4"
inside layer: Whisper White, cut at 5 1/4" x 4"
Velum #101856
Whisper White, scrap for sentiment


Ink: StazOn Ink Pad #101406
Stampin' Write Markers #131263

Stamp Set: Circle of Spring #138964
Teeny Tiny Wishes clear mount #127802 | wood mount #128748
Framlit Set: Wonderful Wreath Framelits Dies #135851
Falling Petals Textured Impressions Embossing Folder #142761
Substitute for Blushing Bride Chevron Ribbon and Blushing Bride/Whisper White Bakers Twine would be 
3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon in Blushing Bride #141692 and Solid Bakers Twine in Blushing Bride #141683

SNAIL Adhesive #104332
Mini Glue Dots #103683
Stampin' Dimensionals # 104430

This is such a simple and quick card to put together.  Just a tip when using velum, add color to the underside and I used glue dots to adhere it to the card front.  Hide the glue dots under the larger flower images so that the glue dots are hidden.  I also embossed a corner of the inside card panel.

What a breath of fresh spring air and a perfect card for Mother's Day.

natalia



No comments:

Post a Comment