Saturday 4 March 2017

Global Design Project 076 | Case the Designer

I'm addicted to these challenges now and can't wait to participate week to week.  

This weeks Global Design Project is to CASE - Copy And Selectively Edit GDP Designer Kylie Bertucci.  The challenge is to take inspiration from the card shown below, it can be the color, layout, theme, stamps, whatever captures your imagination and stirs up your creativity.


I took color and style inspiration from Kylie's project and produced the card below:



It seems that I only use retired stamp sets for these challenges. Somehow, I feel they fit the project the best.

I used Tip Top Taupe cardstock (#138336) as the base cutting an 8 1/2" x 11" cardstock in half to get a 4 1/4" x 11" piece and scoring it at 5 1/2".  I cut a panel of Early Espresso (#119686) at 3" by 5 1/2" and a the top panel of Very Vanilla (#101650) is cut at 2 3/4" by 5 1/2".

Regarding Dahlias stamp set was from the 2013-2014 Annual Catalogue and although I wasn't stamping back then, I purchased this stamp set from my upline when I first joined Stampin' Up and when she was de-stashing.  This stamp set is one of my favorites.  Using Cherry Cobbler Classic Ink (#126966) I stamped the dahlia image masking the first image to stamp the overlapping image so the flowers look like they are in front of or behind each other.  I mounted the stamped Very Vanilla panel to the Early Espresso panel using SNAIL Adhesive (#104332).  I added some retired Early Espresso Taffeta Ribbon to the card panel.

Next, I stamped "Thank You" from the What I Love stamp set (2016 Sale-A-Bration) on to a scrap piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using Early Espresso Classic Ink (#126947).  Using Layering Ovals Framelits (#141706) I cut out the sentiment and using a sponge dauber (#133773) I sponged the edge using Tip Top Taupe Classic Ink (#138325).  Using a slightly larger scalloped oval framelit, I cut out a mat for the sentiment from a scrap piece of Cherry Cobbler cardstock (#119685).  I mounted the two pieces together and added them to the card panel using Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430). Finally, I mounted the card panel to the card base using some more Stampin' Dimensionals.

I hope you like this project.

   natalia

5 comments:

  1. Oh it's so nice to see Regarding Dahlias again. A gorgeous card Natalia! Thanks so much for taking time to join in with this week's Global Design Project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! I'm new to these challenges and appreciate the encouragement. So glad you liked my card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful Natalia! This is a beautiful card. I'm thrilled you took part in CASEing me this week and I love what you have come up with. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie! Thank you for your comment. It was so fun to CASE you. I look forward to next weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kylie, thank you for selecting my project as an honorable mention. It was such a surprise to see my name along with the other very talented participants. I look forward to playing along again next week.

    ReplyDelete