Thursday 9 March 2017

Fab Friday 107 - Sketch Challenge

Another Challenge....

Being new to paper crafting these weekly challenges are super fun.  They really get you out of your comfort zone and they do get the creative juices flowing.  This week's Fab Friday Challenge is a Sketch Challenge, a layout that I have never used before and I'm excited to give this a go.  Here's what we're challenged with:




Here's my take on this challenge:



Card Measurements and Supplies:

card base:  Whisper White (#100730) 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" scored at 4 1/4"
Banner: Basic Black #121045
Carried Away Designer Series Paper (Sale-A-Bration #143608)

Layering Circles Frameits #141705
Sunshine Wishes Thinlits #141489
Up & Away Thinlits Dies #142748
Big Shot Die Cutting Machine #143263
Precision Base Plate #139684
Fine-Tip Glue Pen $138309
SNAIL Adhesive #104332

Wow!  Now as I'm writing this post I'm realizing that I haven't stamped a single image on this card.  I cut out a large circle using the largest of the circle framelits from the slate gray poka-dot DSP.  Using the Up & Away Thinlit Dies, I cut out the large detailed balloon image from the set in using glimmer paper that I had in my stash (not Stampin' Up :-()  as well as the background pieces in Whisper White, Smokey Slate and Soft Sky cardstock.  Using the "congrats" sentiment from the Sunshine Wishes Thinlits set I used the Fine Tip Glue Pen to adhere all the intricate pieces together.  Using SNAIL Adhesive, I adhered all the pieces to the card base.  I hope you like it (it's my husband's least fav :-(... )!

natalia

6 comments:

  1. What's not to love about that big sparkly balloon? Great way to use a big circle to achieve the "doily" silhouette, too! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your feedback Heather. It was fun to play along.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, stunning!! Love your sparkly die cut balloon and your sentiment is fantastic. Perfectly created! Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I appreciate your feedback. Looking forward to playing along next time.

      Delete
  3. I like your muted colors but the card still has pop with that Glimmer paper! The sparkle really sets off the intricate balloon die cut. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comments. It's so fun to play along and receive feedback. Looking forward to the next time.

      Delete