Monday 20 February 2017

Global Design Project 075 | Theme Challenge

I've finally taken the plunge and will be submitting this entry into the Global Design Project Challenge.  This week the challenge is a theme challenge focusing on winged creatures.


Well, I have very few stamp sets with winged creatures, two actually, "A Happy Thing" which was a Sale-A-Bration item from some years ago and the hostess set "Pun Intended".  The bee in the set was small so I opted for the other.

I started by distressing Very Vanilla cardstock (#101650) and Tip Top Taupe cardstock (#138336) with Tip Top Taupe ink (#138325) using a sponge dauber (#133773) and then stamping a boarder from Timeless Treasures (#140514-wood, #140517-clear) to the Very Vanilla cardstock (stamping off onto a scrap piece of paper to soften the color) and to add greater interest. I then added some spots from the same set also stamping off first before stamping on the cardstock.  I did the same to the smaller layers but omitted the boarder stamp from the smaller piece of Very Vanilla so as not to take away from the bird.

I stamped the bird using Early Espresso ink (#126974) and then colored the bird using my Watercolor Pencils (#141709)  and blending using a Blender Pen (#102845).

With spring in the air, I thought about adding a cherry blossom look to the branch and added flowers from one of my favorite sets, "Reason to Smile" (retired).  I stamped the flowers on Blushing Bride cardstock (#131198) using Blushing Bride ink (#131172) and added a few strokes of the white gel pen.  I fussy cut them and popped them up on dimensionals (#104430).  I had some burlap strips laying around and so I added it for more texture.

So, here's my entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment